Support status of nginx in Ubuntu 14.04LTS expired in Feburary 2015?

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 25 20:33:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 01:12:47PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Errrr, no.  Anything that's in main is LTS-supported.  As of 16.04, this
> should be 100% guaranteed; if it's not supported it wouldn't be in main.

So, the code in launchpad has never reflected this position.  It has
always marked main-but-non-server/desktop-seeded as the non-LTS support
length.  Given we *just* released xenial, it's *possible* we could
very carefully regenerate the release pocket to reflect a better view
of reality, if there's an agreement on what reality is, but this is
not a regression from how we generated that field in the past.

... Adam