Please all favors indicate if LTS and support length

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 18 23:26:38 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:27:28PM +0100, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> The request for MATE to be a 3 years LTS reminded us that we need to
> know what flavors will be LTS and how long they intend to support it.

> The usual supports lengths are:
>  - Not LTS (9 months)
>  - Short LTS (3 years)
>  - Normal LTS (5 years)

> Please all flavor leads reply to this e-mail, picking one of those 3
> options. Someone on the TB will then review and confirm the request.

> This needs to happen very soon as we will need to update Launchpad to
> set the right support length on the various packages, which means that
> you can't produce final images until this is sorted.

I'm not sure there's actually any reason that this needs to be fixed before
the final images are produced?  As long as the archive itself isn't frozen
and the metadata is updated there, we should be ok I think.

Not that we don't want flavors to get their answers in ASAP, but I'd rather
the release team didn't worry about respinning for something that shouldn't
matter to the CD images.