Please all favors indicate if LTS and support length

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 18 15:56:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 05:01:37PM +0200, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 18 avr. 2016 1:27 PM, "Stéphane Graber" <stgraber at ubuntu.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > The request for MATE to be a 3 years LTS reminded us that we need to
> > know what flavors will be LTS and how long they intend to support it.
> >
> > The usual supports lengths are:
> >  - Not LTS (9 months)
> >  - Short LTS (3 years)
> >  - Normal LTS (5 years)
> >
> > Please all flavor leads reply to this e-mail, picking one of those 3
> > options. Someone on the TB will then review and confirm the request.
> >
> > This needs to happen very soon as we will need to update Launchpad to
> > set the right support length on the various packages, which means that
> > you can't produce final images until this is sorted.
>
> For Lubuntu, it will be short LTS length (3 years).
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Hey,

I just noticed that Lubuntu ships ldm and ltsp amongst other things.
Note that Edubuntu will not release for 16.04, so if you do use those
packages, you will be expected to support them.

If it's a mistake, I'd strongly recommend you drop those packages:

http://people.canonical.com/~stgraber/supported-packages/lists/lubuntu.xenial

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer