OpenStack Liberty/Ubuntu Wily release timings

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 2 15:56:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 09:18:05AM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 03:12:57PM -0600, Adam Conrad wrote:
> >
> > NACK.  Aligning our entire distro with one upstream isn't going to
> > happen; continuing to grant OpenStack exceptions seems like the only
> > sane way forward.
>
> We consider upstream release schedules when drafting ours. I'm
> suggesting we consider this one too.

We do, but only where it's convenient.  OpenStack used to be aligned
with our release schedule, and then slipped by a few weeks.  I gave
them a pretty hearty "no" when they asked us to slip to match their
slip, and with good reason.  I'm not saying it's not considered, but
considered and aligned with are two different things.  Anyhow, like I
said, it's been working well enough for the last few cycles, I don't
see that anything needs changing, per se.

... Adam