proposed-migration mis-handling of numexpr, pytables

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 10 21:50:39 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

I just got a launchpad installation notification email for numexpr making it
into wily from wily-proposed.  This was surprising since I had uploaded it
19 days ago for the python3.5 transition, and knew it was blocked.

Looking at my notes, numexpr was blocked by failing autopkgtests from
pytables.  And looking at update_excuses today, I see:

pytables (3.1.1-3build1 to 3.1.1-3build2)

    Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers
    Section: universe/python
    0 days old
    missing build on amd64: python-tables, python-tables-data,
    python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python-tables-lib, python3-tables,
    python3-tables-dbg, python3-tables-lib (from 3.1.1-3build1)
    missing build on arm64: python-tables, python-tables-data,
    python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python-tables-lib, python3-tables,
    python3-tables-dbg, python3-tables-lib (from 3.1.1-3build1)
    missing build on armhf: python-tables, python-tables-data,
    python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python-tables-lib, python3-tables,
    python3-tables-dbg, python3-tables-lib (from 3.1.1-3build1)
    missing build on i386: python-tables, python-tables-data,
    python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python-tables-lib, python3-tables,
    python3-tables-dbg, python3-tables-lib (from 3.1.1-3build1)
    missing build on powerpc: python-tables, python-tables-data,
    python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python-tables-lib, python3-tables,
    python3-tables-dbg, python3-tables-lib (from 3.1.1-3build1)
    missing build on ppc64el: python-tables, python-tables-data,
    python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python-tables-lib, python3-tables,
    python3-tables-dbg, python3-tables-lib (from 3.1.1-3build1)
    pytables has no up-to-date binaries on any arch
    Not considered

It looks like there is a bug in the current p-m autopkgtest handling for the
case where the latest source of the package doesn't yet have binaries built.

Cc:ing ubuntu-release so the release team is aware of this bug.

Thanks,