A new "Unity 8" flavour

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed May 14 17:44:26 UTC 2014

Le 14/05/2014 18:09, Iain Lane a écrit :
> The desktop team would like to add a new flavour (ish, we don't plan to
> have any formal releases at this point) of Ubuntu which contains the
> Unity 8 desktop and the new applications which have been developed for
> the touch project.

Hey Iain,

Thanks for starting the work on the iso and for writing that email! ;-)

I just wanted to add that we registered a blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1410-unity8-desktop-iso

There is not much content on it yet, but I expect that to change, once
we get started and identify the gaps and the things that need to be
worked on next.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher