Trusty Tahr Final Beta Freeze in place today

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 24 23:41:11 UTC 2014

As of nowish, the archive is frozen for 14.04 Final Beta preparation,
and will continue to be frozen from here until Final release next
month.

As with the previous release, we have a bot in place that will accept
uploads that are unseeded and don't affect images.  Don't take this as
an open invitation to break Feature Freeze on those components, this
is just to reduce the burden on the release team, so we only review the
uploads that need very serious consideration.

Final Beta is planned for mid-day-to-afternoonish my time (MST7MDT) on
Thursday, so flavour leads, please make sure you get all your testing
done by that morning at the LATEST, and please get your special beta
announcement links to me even earlier than that, if you have any.  I
won't be chasing people down for flavour announcements and release
notes, so if you don't provide any, I'll assume you just want to be
mentioned in the "also participating" list of the main announce.  This
same warning will apply to the final release.

I will be doing one last debian-installer upload later tonight and then
one manual respin of all the images once the archive appears to settle
down.  After that, leads are on their own for spins via the tracker.

On behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team,

Adam Conrad