LTS status for Ubuntu flavours

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 24 10:46:42 UTC 2014

On 24 February 2014 10:27, Kaj Ailomaa <zequence at mousike.me> wrote:
> Ubuntu Studio is also participating in all point releases for 12.04 LTS.
>
> We will discuss LTS support for 14.04. Most probably we will follow the
> Ubuntu 5 year plan.
>
> / Kaj Ailomaa - Ubuntu Studio project lead

Given the overlap between Xubuntu and Ubuntu Studio, does it make
sense to have the two on different support lengths? Xubuntu committing
to 3 years earlier in the thread, and 5 year commitment here. Are you
going to pick up the remaining 2 years of XFCE specific support
required? Or would it be better to align both flavors on the same
support length, e.g. either 3 or 5.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.