falling a bit behind for final Beta??

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 19 12:19:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:09:24PM -0500, Kate Stewart wrote:
> Hiya Adam,

Adam's at Plumbers just now.

> 1)  why hasn't there been a post to ubuntu-devel-announce to let the
> developers know we'll be freezing for final beta shortly?  [1]

I'll work on that now.

> 2)  I didn't see a resolution on the mail list about whether we'd be doing
> the beta freeze tomorrow [2] or next monday.     Right now it calls for
> tomorrow per the process page and the schedule,  is this going to hold?

It looks to me like there's broad consensus for switching to Monday for
beta freezes.  I've gone ahead and updated the schedule (also the
T-series schedule) to match this, and likewise the process page.

>  What about UIF?

I don't think the lines of argument used in the discussion earlier this
month applied to that, so let's leave that (and doc string freeze) where
it is.