Personal Apology

Phill Whiteside PhillW at PhillW.net
Mon Sep 9 18:33:42 UTC 2013

Hi Ian,

I'd like to personally apologise to you for my outbursts on both IRC and in
the mailing list. Being tired, stressed and frustrated are no excuses for
my breaking the C-o-C. It was not until the next day that I realised I have
become someone that I would have bawled out if it had happened to to
someone else.

As you know, I've taken the wise steps of standing down from all teams so
as to re-charge my own batteries.

I fully appreciate the work that people like yourself and the release team
do. I'm just going to remain as a 'civvie' doing ISO testing as the
milestones come up and will re-appraise things come 14.04.

I fully realise that not only did I burn out; even if I decide to get more
involved come 14.04 I have quite a few burned bridges to re-build.

I wish you, and all the team every success; without you good people, we
have no release.

My kindest regards,

Phill.

--