EOL in April

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 26 10:27:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:58:35AM +0100, Ara Pulido wrote:

> April 2013 is going to see 3 releases reaching EOL:
>
>  - Hardy for Server
>  - Lucid for Desktop
>  - Oneiric for Server,Desktop
>
> Is the definitive date already set up?

Yeah, I'm going for April 25 + 2 weeks for all of them (despite their
initial release dates being a bit staggered, it doesn't make sense for
us to stagger the EOL procedures and do the same tasks over and over
again three weeks in a row).

> Who is in charge of announcing the approaching EOL date to ubuntu-announce?

Since that's around 45d from now (it wasn't yet when this was brought
up last week), I'll be tossing out the announcements tomorrow (or today,
depending on one's point of view of when days start and end).

... Adam