[QA] Release Meeting 2012-09-07

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 7 10:23:30 UTC 2012

Hello,

There were a few bugs moving from various states into fix committed,
after the beta 1 image set was produced ;-)

Thank you for all the bugs! I really appreciate it. See below updates:

On 07/09/12 10:57, Parameswaran Sivatharman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please find below the QA report for the release meeting, mostly testing related matter is reported this week.
>
> ==== Quantal Beta 1 Testing ====
> https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Quantal
> * Installer:
> - Desktop:
>    - QA milestone testing for Quantal Beta 1
>            -- The following bugs were reported/ affected on Beta 1
>
>                 Fix-Released:
>                 987418  - manual partitioner: /dev/sdb (installation media) selected by default as device for boot loader installation
>                 1046175 - Manual partitioner only creates primary partitions
>                 1045812 - Partitioner failed with "Failed to partition hard drive" with LVM selected
>                 1045695 - ubiquity-debconf need translations refreshed from launchpad (e.g. french is incomplete)
>
>                 Fix Commited
>                 1046323 - Ubuntu 'Encrypt disk' prevents opening drive allocation screen

                  1045716 - Step "Security Key" : encrypted password
entries not displayed
                  1045799 - Manual partitioner: Add tooltips to icons
'Add', 'Remove', and 'Modify'
                  1045698 - Step "Security key" goes back to "Prepare"
intead of partitioning step
                  1045712 - Step "Security Key" : Introduction text
wrongly aligned

>                 Confirmed:
>                 1045666 - Style differs if ubiquity is started directly from 'Install Ubuntu' or from a Live Session
>                 1045224 - search string 'Pari' doesn't return 'Paris' - Confirmed

Further investigation is currently blocked on deploying updated
geonames-lookup.ubuntu.com as part of RT# 55554

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.