New archive administrators?

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 5 21:48:09 UTC 2012

Hello [mailing -release@ since ISTR that -archive@ is pretty unread],

It seems that there are some packages that have stalled in Quantal NEW
for quite some time. I've seen this being questioned on a couple of
occasions now. In the interests of coming to a constructive solution,
do the existing archive administrators think that recruiting one or two
new members to their ranks would be a welcome solution? Of course they
would need to be trained, so there will be an initial time investment
that will hopefully be paid back in reasonable order.

I happen to know that there are some non-C core developers who would be
interested — is there any distinction drawn here when appointing new
AAs?

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]