Fwd: Application of UIFEs

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Oct 14 23:22:28 UTC 2012

On Friday, October 05, 2012 11:54:01 AM John Lea wrote:
> Forwarding to ubuntu-release,ubuntu-doc,and ubuntu-translators at Iain
> Lane's suggestion.

You misunderstand the purpose of UIF and there is time between feature freeze
and UI freeze precisely to work out UI affecting bugs.  I believe you are
trying to solve the wrong problem.

I agree it is a problem that so many bugs needed review for a UIFe, but I
think the root of that problem is that PS landed so much, so late.  The
bureaucracy is much easier if you get your stuff in on time.

Scott K