[Foundations] Release Meeting 2012-03-30
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 30 14:12:26 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* LXC now works properly with apparmor blocking most of the known
* Released arkose 1.5.1 (bugfix and translations update).
* Archive and release management:
* Major queuebot improvements.
* Removed one of the two remaining reasons archive admins need full
write access to the archive.
* Landed Launchpad branch to open up -proposed for use during
development (pending deployment).
* Landed lp-buildd performance improvements.
* Working with IS to reallocate Beagles as livefs buildds.
* Uploaded pvr sgx driver.
* Stopwatched initramfsless boot on panda to serial login prompt: with
initramfs 50s, without initramfs 25s. Still need to test the
minimal initrd case.
* Boot and services:
* Upstart 1.5 release, Ubuntu merge, and documentation updates.
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
* Bug 759545 ("user prompted to update unmodified grub configuration
during Ubuntu server upgrade")
* Bug 871030 ("apport should disallow filing bugs for package install
failures when they conflict with non-Ubuntu packages")
* Bug 831768 ("aptitude cannot handle conflicts with multiarch
* Bug 963471 ("Not all OS shown in grub-install screen at end of
* Bug 965371 ("HTTPS requests fail on some sites on Ubuntu 12.04")
* Bug 645818 ("Unknown keyword in configuration file: gfxboot")
* Bug 553745 ("plymouthd crashed with SIGSEGV in
* Bug 849414 ("plymouthd crashed with SIGSEGV in
Colin Watson [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]
More information about the Ubuntu-release