[Kernel] Release Meeting 2012-03-30

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Mar 29 21:27:27 UTC 2012

Overall status is reported at the first link below.  Burn down for
Precise Final is at the second link below.  Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:

 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Precise
 * http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.04.html
 * http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html

== What was done engineering wise? ==

This past week we uploaded the 3.2.0-20.33 and 3.2.0-21.34 kernels.
3.2.0-20.33 contained a critical Beta-2 fix for LP:961482 which rendered
some systems unbootable.  3.2.0-21.34 most notably contains a rebase to
upstream stable Linux kernel v3.2.13, updated AppArmor patches, an
updated Apple gmux driver, make __rerquest_module() killable to prevent
a security vulnerability, misc driver additions to the d-i *-modules
files, and numerous bug fixes.

We have moved all remaining open work items out to 12.04 final.  None
are release critical and most should get closed shortly after Kernel
Freeze.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

I want to add a reminder that Kernel Freeze is Thurs April 5th.  This
actually means we will plan to upload no later than Tues April 3rd in
order to have enough time for the builds to complete and dependent
pacakge uploads eg. lbm and meta, to take place.  Any uploads beyond
that are subject to our Kernel SRU policy and also at the discretion of
the release team.  Any kernel patches which need to land in Precise,
need to be submitted immediately.

=== Release Notes ===

== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==

 * Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
 * Bug:944929 - psb_gfx boot hang on Atom N2600 (GMA3600 Cedarview)
 * Bug:937118 - Wireless stops passing packets
 * Bug:922906 - BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000009c
 * Bug:960311 - Networking on Dell PowerEdge R300 with Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express is not functional
 * Bug:966782 - Severe responsiveness issues: irqs disabled after kernel update
 * Bug:914311 - vt.handoff 7 breaks psb_gfx driver

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
None.

== Issues? ==
None.