[Desktop] Release meeting 2012-03-23
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 23 07:31:58 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Fix python-gobject -> -gi package dependencies. Now we are down to only very few default install programs which don't use GI yet.
* Split off a cryptsetup-bin package and add it to the default installation, which finally provides out-of-the-box support for creating and using encrypted media.
* New set of language packs for Natty, currently being tested.
* Fresh langpacks for Precise Beta-2, currently being generated.
* New Quickly and Quickly Widgets release, fixing support for python-gi and keeping the tutorial up to date.
* New Unity Greeter release, fixing a bunch of bugs and tweaking animations to feel smoother.
* Land LibreOffice 3.5.1, fixing many high-profile bugs.
* Land GNOME 3.3.92.
* Debugged and discussed HUD accessibility in unity-2D. Luke says it should be disabled until we can work out a nice way of presenting results that Orca users will understand, however it seems a vocal minority of the accessibility community are against this.
* Some ground work on X.org for the next cycle for quirking monitors with wrong EDIDs (kernel with writable EDIDs).
* Work items: There are four left for b2 which are of the "talk to" or "send this upstream" kind; all can easily be moved.
* A nice chunk (~ 50) of bug fixes across the desktop.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
* Unity 5.8 stack, hopefully today. As we are frozen now, we can make use of precise-proposed as a staging area, to avoid archive breakage for multiple hours.
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Release notes ==
== Release targetted bugs being worked on/monitored ==
* Bug:916291 ''[failed to upgrade from Oneiric to Precise: ERROR: Cannot determine language!]'': Was believed to be fixed, but still reproduced; needs deeper debugging
* Bug:916892 ''[gnome-disk-utility crashed with SIGSEGV in gdu_device_get_object_path()]'': New on the radar this week, not investigated yet.
* Bug:815837 ''[rhythmbox-metadata crashed with SIGSEGV in _start()]'': New on the radard this week, not investigated yet.
* Bug:844044 ''[Unity Greeter - Add Network Login option]'': Support for showing network login has landed in trunk, but not shown by default yet -- still going back and forth with design team
* Bug:872701 ''[Keyboard layout doesn't change in screensaver lock dialog]'': No progress this week.
* Bug:932598 ''[Full hard drive causes xorg and lightdm to fail to load]'': Fixed mountall to create tmpfs /tmp on full disk, as earlier Ubuntu releases used to do. lightdm still needs a fix.
* Bug:870297 ''[lightdm logins not being logged in wtmp]'': No progress this week.
* Bug:899858 ''[regression in gvfs to connect/browse using obex]'': Debugging made progress, faulty version and patch identified. Workaround proposed, but we prefer to debug it properly.
* Bug:956041 ''[Unmet dependency due to farsight being renamed to farstream]'': Remaining piece of the farsight → farstream rename/transition. Assigned to developer now.
* Bug:878184 ''[Onscreen Keyboard cannot be used to input password in unity-greeter]'': Patch available now, will be merged into trunk next week.
fixed since last report:
* Bug:907818 ''[Bluetooth is not fully re-initialized when rfkill switch is toggled]''
* Bug:931967 ''[Corrupted graphics after the login until the unity launcher appears]''
* Bug:944035 ''[pinyin not listed by default on a fresh installation]''
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Ubuntu-release