[Kernel] Release Meeting 2012-03-23

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 23 07:08:24 UTC 2012

Hello Leann,

Leann Ogasawara [2012-03-22  5:46 -0700]:
> As noted, we've dropped the non-smp PowerPC kernel flavor [1].

Is that the reason why linux-image-powerpc (the binary from
linux-meta) now wants to go to universe?

  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.txt

I suppose this package still has to exist in precise to faciliate
upgrades. However, I noted that it does not actually depend on the
current metapackage:

  Package: linux-image-powerpc
  Depends: linux-image-3.2.0-20-powerpc-smp, linux-firmware

I think it should rather depend on linux-image-powerpc-smp, so that it
can go away after precise, and upgraders will have the new metapackage
installed.

In the meantime we should seed this explicitly to keep it in main,
right?

Thanks,

Martin