[Linaro] Release Meeting 2012-03-02
fathi.boudra at linaro.org
Fri Mar 2 10:18:58 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Developer Platform planning for the 12.03 cycle:
* Platform enablement for ARM Fast Models started. The hoal is to validate
the kernel support for A15, A7 and big.LITTLE.
* Snowball support on Linaro U-Boot improved. It should be properly supported
by 12.03 cycle. It could be included as target for next Ubuntu release.
* Cross toolchain for Lucid and Oneiric updated:
It's available on Linaro Cross Toolchain backport PPA:
* Libreoffice validated on Ubuntu Precise/ARMHF.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams ==
* PandaBoard PowerVR SGX driver on ARMHF
* Validation is in progress. It seems to be broken with 4430 and
the 3.2 based kernel.
* Once validated, we should request a FFe to include it on Ubuntu
* Next week, Developer Platform will help and work on Chromium/ARMHF.
* Merge live-build 3.0~a35-1 or newer to gain cross-live-build support
Work is on going to build Precise images on our Jenkins instance
== Summary of bugs working on by team ==
* U-Boot fails in latest beagle nano snapshot
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
* Compiz patch for OpenGL ES2.0 support plan: after Alexandros (alf) get a
Precise image with SGX driver, he'll try our updated Compiz branches.
If everything works fine, he'll replace our current Linaro branches with
the updated ones and get daily packages to get wider testing.
Last step will be to send instructions to Oliver about the distro patch
== Issues ==
More information about the Ubuntu-release