[Server] Release Meeting 2012-03-02
antonio.rosales at canonical.com
Thu Mar 1 20:16:52 UTC 2012
=== What was done engineering wise? ===
* New Openstack snapshots expected this Friday
- Will switch to new keystone upstream project (transition not
expected to be entirely smooth)
- Some general bug fixes.
* acpid introduced to both server and cloud images.
* OpenMPI 1.5 Feature Freeze submitted, and being reviewed.
* Work on automated Charm testing framework, and ARM workload testing
=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===
* Nothing to report at the moment.
=== Release Notes ===
=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
* 1 critical bug
-After upgrade from oneiric to precise, previous squid config unused,
cannot be used when relocated (LP: 924739)
-Issue is the move to squid3 bring a change of location to the
squid.conf, however still issues with features available in 2.7 that are
not available in 3.x.
* Resolving a few OpenStack bugs (ie 883988, 907197, 929780, 928378,
931236, 932800, 850443).
* apparmor makes it impossible to install postgresql-common on Precise
* squid upgrade from prior releases not yet smooth (LP: 924739)
* ebox currently in an unhealthy state (LP: #928501)
* Server install fails when selecting everything but 'VM host' & 'Manual
selection' from tasksel (LP: 923681)
* [Cloud] fsck / dirty filesystem on instance is death (LP: 928990)
=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===
* None at the moment.
=== Issues? ===
* Amount of outstanding MIRs at this point in the cycle.
* Concerns over shipping puppet 2.7.10 (we should switch to *.11
(bugfix only release)).
* Chef .8 seems to be problematic at current, we are investigating how
* We'd like to consider demoting ruby1.8 to universe.
Ubuntu Server & Cloud Workloads
More information about the Ubuntu-release