[Server] Release Meeting 2012-03-02

Antonio Rosales antonio.rosales at canonical.com
Thu Mar 1 20:16:52 UTC 2012

=== What was done engineering wise? ===
* New Openstack snapshots expected this Friday
  - Will switch to new keystone upstream project (transition not
    expected to be entirely smooth)
  - Some general bug fixes.

* acpid introduced to both server and cloud images.

* OpenMPI 1.5 Feature Freeze submitted, and being reviewed.

* Work on automated Charm testing framework, and ARM workload testing
continues.

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===
* Nothing to report at the moment.

=== Release Notes ===

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
* http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html

* 1 critical bug
	-After upgrade from oneiric to precise, previous squid config unused,
cannot be used when relocated (LP: 924739)
	-Issue is the move to squid3 bring a change of location to the
squid.conf, however still issues with features available in 2.7 that are
not available in 3.x.

* Resolving a few OpenStack bugs (ie 883988, 907197, 929780, 928378,
931236, 932800, 850443).

* apparmor makes it impossible to install postgresql-common on Precise
(LP: 925024)

* squid upgrade from prior releases not yet smooth (LP: 924739)

* ebox currently in an unhealthy state (LP: #928501)

* Server install fails when selecting everything but 'VM host' & 'Manual
selection' from tasksel (LP: 923681)

* [Cloud] fsck / dirty filesystem on instance is death (LP: 928990)

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===
* None at the moment.

=== Issues? ===
* Amount of outstanding MIRs at this point in the cycle.

* Concerns over shipping puppet 2.7.10 (we should switch to *.11
  (bugfix only release)).

* Chef .8 seems to be problematic at current, we are investigating how
to proceed.

* We'd like to consider demoting ruby1.8 to universe.

Thanks,
--
Antonio Rosales
Ubuntu Server & Cloud Workloads