[Kernel] Release Meeting 2012-06-15
leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Jun 14 21:55:12 UTC 2012
Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Quantal Alpha-2 is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:
=== What was done engineering wise? ===
This week we have rebased the Quantal kernel to the latest v3.5-rc2
upstream Linux kernel. We have not yet uploaded. We are coordinating
with some other individuals, eg. DKMS package maintainers, to ensure we
have compatibility with this latest kernel before we upload.
We are above the trend line for completion of our Alpha-2 work items but
remain below overall.
=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams and release
as a whole? ===
I would anticipate a v3.5-rc2 based kernel upload in the near future.
=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
* Bug:1003793 - broadcom wireless does not work with
* Bug:1004101 - [RFE] Allow Bug Reporting When Running Backport Kernel
* Bug:988447 - Move linux-headers-generic to section metapackages
* Bug:1009564 - Quantal Ubuntu Wubi failed to install
* Bug:1005832 - Intel wifi frequent disconnects
* Bug:1013305 - Corrupted graphics NVidia 320M
* Bug:1012841 - Fails to build bcmwl on kernel 3.4.0-4-generic
* Bug:1011828 - Session failed to laod with 12.10 kernel on 12.04 test
=== Dependencies on other teams to make deliverables, blocking items,
release wide concerns? ===
None at this time.
More information about the Ubuntu-release