[Hardware Certification] Release Meeting 2012-08-06

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Jun 8 16:32:07 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 06:04 AM, Brendan Donegan wrote:
> On 08/06/12 08:21, Brendan Donegan wrote:
>> === What was done engineering wise? ===
>> Continued certifying systems for Precise and raising bugs as appropriate. Also starting to prepare for Quantal and Precise+ weekly testing. We will be doing back-to-back testing of systems which are to be certified with Quantal with Precise+.
>>
>> === What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===
>>
>> Nothing of note
>>
>> === Release Notes ===
>>
>> None.
>>
>> === Summary of bugs working on by team ===

I just want to say I really like and appreciate the quick status
summaries you've provided for each of the bugs.  It's very helpful and
makes review of the bug list much quicker and easier.

>> The following bugs are blocking certification of systems with Precise:
>>
>> 978964 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/978964> [Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14] SD card reader non-functional
>>
>> This issue seems to have mysteriously gone away.
>>
>> 994274 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994274> [Lenovo SL410] Mute button requires you to hit a volume button
>>
>> Waiting on further information from our side
>>
>> 994685 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994685> [Dell Inspiron 17] Headphone jack outputs no sound
>>
>> Lot's of bisecting activity here. Awaiting confirmation, or a new test kernel.
>>
>> 996957 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/996957> can't output to external monitor via VGA.
>> 996954 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/996954> can't wake up from suspend
>>
>> These were both resolved by using the fglrx driver and the affected system is now certified
>>
>> 994790 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994790> [Dell XT3] Firewire does not work
>>
>> Waiting on further information from our side
>>
>> 994809 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994809> [Dell XT3] Wi-fi slider doesn't remove hard block from wi-fi device
>>
>> Waiting on further information from our side
>>
>> 993525 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/993525> [Dell Precision M6500 with ATI chipset] Suspending by closing the lid corrupts display
>>
>> This issue also seems to have mysteriously gone away
>>
>> 960311 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/960311> Networking on Dell PowerEdge R300 with Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express is not functional
>>
>> This is awaiting further testing from our side
>>
>> 994189 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994189> Incorrect execution of `killall` on `plugin-container`
>>
>> This was a typo in the certificate and should have been https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/994198

I'll have my team follow up here.

>> 994223 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994223> [Dell Vostro 1014] Media card reader does not function
>>
>> Waiting on further information from our side
>>
>> 978929 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/978929> [Lenovo Thinkpad T420]  SD Card-reader non functional
>>
>> We need to open a bug upstream
>>
>> 990575 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990575> Entire desktop becomes unresponsive after suspend/resume
>>
>> This needs to be followed up in.
>>
>> Apart from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/994198 which is essentially 'new' and https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990575, all bugs are awaiting some kind of response. We'll endeavor to look at those as soon as possible.
> Apologies, I forgot to check for new blockers. Please also have a look
> at these new issues:
>
> 987266 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/987266> [Lenovo T420s] Fails
> Stress

Was marked Invalid by the bug reporter.

> 1009585 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1009585> [Dell Vostro 460]:
> System is unresponsive after Unity login screen.
> 1004488 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1004488> [Dell Latitude
> E6320]-wireless hardware is locked despite hardware switch and LED
> being on.

I've posted a comment and will have my team follow up.

> 992720 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/992720> [Lenovo E420s] Hitting
> brightness keys causes machine to lock up

This one is awaiting feedback from your team.

Thanks,
Leann