[Hardware Certification] Release Meeting 2012-08-06

Brendan Donegan brendan.donegan at canonical.com
Fri Jun 8 07:21:53 UTC 2012

=== What was done engineering wise? ===

Continued certifying systems for Precise and raising bugs as appropriate. Also starting to prepare for Quantal and Precise+ weekly testing. We will be doing back-to-back testing of systems which are to be certified with Quantal with Precise+.

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===

Nothing of note

=== Release Notes ===

None.

=== Summary of bugs working on by team ===

The following bugs are blocking certification of systems with Precise:

978964  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/978964>  [Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14] SD card reader non-functional

This issue seems to have mysteriously gone away.

994274  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994274>  [Lenovo SL410] Mute button requires you to hit a volume button

Waiting on further information from our side

994685  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994685>  [Dell Inspiron 17] Headphone jack outputs no sound

Lot's of bisecting activity here. Awaiting confirmation, or a new test kernel.

996957  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/996957>  can't output to external monitor via VGA.
996954  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/996954>  can't wake up from suspend

These were both resolved by using the fglrx driver and the affected system is now certified

994790  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994790>  [Dell XT3] Firewire does not work

Waiting on further information from our side

994809  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994809>  [Dell XT3] Wi-fi slider doesn't remove hard block from wi-fi device

Waiting on further information from our side

993525  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/993525>  [Dell Precision M6500 with ATI chipset] Suspending by closing the lid corrupts display

This issue also seems to have mysteriously gone away

960311  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/960311>  Networking on Dell PowerEdge R300 with Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express is not functional

This is awaiting further testing from our side

994189  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994189>  Incorrect execution of `killall` on `plugin-container`

This was a typo in the certificate and should have beenhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/994198

994223  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/994223>  [Dell Vostro 1014] Media card reader does not function

Waiting on further information from our side

978929  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/978929>  [Lenovo Thinkpad T420]  SD Card-reader non functional

We need to open a bug upstream

990575  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990575>  Entire desktop becomes unresponsive after suspend/resume

This needs to be followed up in.

Apart fromhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/994198  which is essentially 'new' andhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990575, all bugs are awaiting some kind of response. We'll endeavor to look at those as soon as possible.

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===

None

=== Issues? ===

None.