[Kernel] Weekly Status 2012-06-08

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Jun 8 03:54:56 UTC 2012

Since we're not actually having the release meeting tomorrow, here's our
kernel team status for the week...

Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Quantal Alpha-2 is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:

 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Quantal
 *
http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-quantal/canonical-kernel-distro-team-quantal-alpha-2.html
 * http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-quantal/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html

=== What was done engineering wise? ===
This week we uploaded the 3.4.0-5.11 Quantal kernel which was shipped
with the Alpha-1 release.  This upload contained some critical fixes for
the Alpha-1 release.  The upstream v3.5-rc1 Linux kernel was also
released this week and we are currently working on getting the Quantal
kernel rebased.  We have re-targeted any open Alpha-1 work items to Alpha-2.

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams and release
as a whole? ===
We typically prefer to refrain from uploading an early -rc, eg 3.5-rc1.
However, depending on initial testing, we may choose to do so.

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
 * Bug:1003793 - broadcom wireless does not work with
quantal-backport-kernel
 * Bug:1004101 - [RFE] Allow Bug Reporting When Running Backport Kernel
 * Bug:988447 - Move linux-headers-generic to section metapackages
 * Bug:1008749 - Missing bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw causes failed net boot
installations
 * Bug:1009564 - Quantal Ubuntu Wubi failed to install
 * Bug:1007159 - ecryptfs test on btrfs failing on "no space left on device"
 * Bug:1005832 - Intel wifi frequent disconnects

=== Dependencies on other teams to make deliverables, blocking items,
release wide concerns? ===
None at this time.