Alpha 1 - Manifest?

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 1 18:05:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 09:04:00PM -0500, Kate Stewart wrote:
>    Based on the discussions in our meeting last week, and some follow up
> with various teams,  I believe the following is what we'll be aiming at
> for Alpha 1 next week.    Please review and let me know if there needs
> to be updates.

> Thanks, Kate

> Alpha 1 Image Manifest
> ----------------------

> Ubuntu Desktop     i386/amd64/armhf?[1]   livefs, alternate, dvd?[2]
> Ubuntu Server      amd64/armhf?[1]        alternate
> Ubuntu Cloud       i386/amd64/armhf?[1]
> Ubuntu Core        i386/amd64/armhf?[1]
> Netboot            i386/amd64/armhf?[1]

> Edubuntu           i386/amd64          dvd
> Kubuntu            i386/amd64          livefs, alternate, dvd?[2]
> Kubuntu active     i386
> Xubuntu            i386/amd64          livefs, alsternate
> Ubuntu Studio?[3]  i386/amd64          dvd
> Lubuntu            i386/amd64/powerpc  livefs, alternate

> [1] some concerns with armhf builds,  may not ship as part of A1.
> [2] not sure if dvd image still makes sense - need input.

It is certainly my understanding that the Ubuntu DVD image is to be dropped
this cycle in favor of a single bigger-than-CD image (the desktop image).
Since there wasn't a session for this at UDS however, I'm not certain if
this got blueprinted or if there is indeed agreement that this is the way
we're going.  Cc:ing Jason for comment - Jason, is there a blueprint
regarding what desktop images we'll have for 12.10?