[Edubuntu] Release Meeting 2012-07-06

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 5 18:57:07 UTC 2012

=== What was done engineering wise? ===

 * armhf/tablet image is mostly working now and building daily.
   Edubuntu now produces 3 DVD images, i386, amd64 and armhf+omap4. That
last one is actually a .img to be dded to an sdcard.
 * A new epoptes release was synced from Debian.
 * SRUed epoptes, fixing a few bugs and updating translations.
 * Avogadro was tweaked so that it's installable again, fixing Edubuntu
daily builds that had been failing for a few days.
 * Ongoing work on Edubuntu server, a blog post detailing the work
should be published soon.
 * The new Edubuntu website was published, including our deployments
map. http://www.edubuntu.org/deployments

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams and release
as a whole? ===

 * LTSP is still pending, I'm hoping to find some day this weekend or
next to review all the packaging changes that Alkis and Vagrant did,
merge all that and upload to Ubuntu.

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===

 * Nothing particularly worth mentioning here.

=== Dependencies on other teams to make deliverables, blocking items,
release wide concerns? ===

 * As LXC is shipped by Edubuntu, I'll mention it here, though it could
equally be listed as a foundations or server issue.
  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/959352
  - "Ephemeral containers have "/rootfs" prefix in /proc/self/maps entries"
  - Was tracked down to be a kernel issue related to aufs/overlayfs
causing various software to use the wrong path when loading plugins or
other files. Would appreciate if someone from the kernel team could have
a look (as both aufs and overlayfs are sauce patches AFAIK).

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer