[Kernel] Release Meeting 2012-01-27
leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Jan 26 21:49:02 UTC 2012
Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Precise Alpha-2 is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:
== What was done engineering wise? ==
We've rebased to the latest v3.2.2 upstream stable kernel and intend to
upload by EOD Friday to make the Alpha-2 milestone freeze deadline.
This upload will also include a fix for the armel omap boot failure
regression which was recently reported (LP:921934). Additionally, we've
also backported and applied and an updated upstream jack detection patch
set which is landing in v3.3.
We have a large number of work items targeted for the Alpha2 release, of
which 92% (152/165) are completed. The remaining items are not release
critical and will likely be moved out to Beta-1.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
As noted above, we've rebased to upstream v3.2.2 and would appreciate
any testing once it lands in the archive. We'd also appreciate testing
of the new jack detection patches. Please refer to the following wiki
for more information.
=== Release Notes ===
The Precise kernel has been rebased to upstream stable v3.2.2.
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're also
keeping an eye on the following bugs:
* Bug:818830 - [Sandy Bridge] serious power regression from kernel 3.0.0-6 to 3.0.0-7 (rc6 disabled)
* Bug:855124 - XRANDR operations very slow unless (phantom) HDMI1 disabled
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:898127 - system hangs and errors at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c:113 default_send_IPI_mask_logical+0xdc/0xf0()
* Bug:897866 - NFS install fails with a kernel panic
* Bug:897102 - precise can't boot with linux 184.108.40.206.1
* Bug:904297 - System crashed with latest updates
* Bug:898112 - Xen performance issue: backport acpi-cpufreq.v4 branch to 3.2 kernel for Precise
* Bug:917962 - BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Issues? ==
More information about the Ubuntu-release