[Desktop] Release meeting 2012-01-20
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 20 06:20:56 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Landed LibreOffice 3.5beta2 for good; caused some more CD growth due to extra dependencies, will be fixed when Bjoern gets back from vacation.
* Landed major changes to DNS resolution for the desktop; DNS resolution will now be done through dnsmasq, which should help split-DNS VPNs and faster DNS resolution.
* Add Nautilus quicklist support in the Unity launcher.
* New X.org 1.11 stack prepared and being smoketested, planned to land soon now.
* Continued work on fixing processes with too many wakeups (power consumption).
* Wrote scripts to test popular user configuration settings migration in a Lucid → Precise upgrade. Being integrated into Jenkins now.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
* X.org server 1.11, with the input stack from 1.12
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
* Help from Kubuntu team to move soprano-daemon to unixodbc would be greatly appreciated. (Bug:901638)
== Desktop Release Notes ==
No delta since last week.
== RC bugs ==
Details at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs
The alpha-2 relevant are:
* Bug:790240 ''[at-spi needs demotion for precise]'': We need to flip openjdk-6/7 to the new at-spi2 adapter; Luke is building and testing packages now, ETA next week.
* Bug:916726 ''[Drop extra Java dependencies from 3.5.0~beta2-2ubuntu3]'': Patch identified (was accidentally dropped); not a release blocker, but causes an extra 7 MB of CD oversizedness
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Ubuntu-release