Groovy

brian.thomason at gmail.com brian.thomason at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 18:34:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I saw the thread concerning the Debian auto-syncs, and the groovy issue
caught my eye.  We recently created a groovy-1.7 package for the same
reasons you're contemplating creating a 1.8 package, as eucalyptus still
doesn't yet work properly with 1.8. (though it is in the plans to fix in
the near feature)

I'm just here to add my two cents (maybe just one cent) that I'd much
rather see a 1.8 package for groovy allowing the 2.0 to remain since this
is an LTS and at some point during its supported life, we'll likely move to
it.

I'll be happy to be the one to handle the 1.8 package if this is agreed
upon.

Regards,

Brian