[Foundations] Release Meeting 2012-01-06

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 6 12:56:08 UTC 2012

Sorry this is late; I evidently got out of the habit over Christmas.

== What was done engineering wise? ==

 * ia32-libs is in principle installable again, although apt may still
   need a little help to do the right thing.
 * Upstart 1.4 landed, with job logging support.
 * GCC 4.7 rebuild testing and evaluation.
 * Removed Python 2.6 dependencies.
 * Landed Launchpad changes to speed up the publisher a little bit more
   and to extend Supported field generation for precise.
 * Python 3 branch of dbus-python under review.
 * All admin actions on test tracker are now logged.
 * Reintroduced testcase subscription report.  New "top testers" report.
 * One more ifenslave-2.6 fix to properly deal with vlan tagging.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

 * Nothing planned right now.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==

 * Nothing right now.

== RC bugs ==

Alpha-2 targetted:
 * Bug:893091 ''[Port dbus-python to Python 3]'': Under review upstream.
 * Bug:897714 ''[oem-config-remove-gtk crashed with SystemExit in
   _on_failure(): 1]'': Unreproducible; needs more detail.
 * Bug:901638 ''[Remove iodbc2 (causes upgrade failure from Oneiric to
   Precise)]'': Assigned to us according to at least some reports, but,
   as Martin noted, this needs help from the Kubuntu developers.
 * Bug:905602 ''[software-properties-gtk crashed with AttributeError in
   _decode_value(): 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decode']'':
   Similarly, but not assigned yet.
 * Bug:905754 ''[Israel is not on the installer map]'': I've left a
   detailed analysis, but this needs Evan's help at this point.
 * Bug:912558 ''[log.c Assert failed - err=>number == EIO]'': Regression
   in Upstart 1.4.  James is working on this.
 * Bug:912563 ''[ubiquity crashed with AttributeError in
   _decode_value(): 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decode']'':
   Regression due to pygobject change, though should probably be fixed
   in ubiquity anyway.  I'll work on this.