[Desktop] Release Meeting 2012-01-06

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 6 08:21:10 UTC 2012

== What was done engineering wise? ==

 * Staging PPA for X.org 1.11 is available; still needs a new Unity release for the new multi-touch stack, and has a nasty touchpad regression.
 * Completed work to make indicator menus more accessible.
 * Major multi-monitor bug review/triage of > 100 bugs: 1/3 reproduced, 1/3 now closed as resolved, 1/3 need more information.
 * Started working on boot speed improvements.
 * We lag behind alpha-2 work items after the holiday break more than anticipated, will clean up at the rally.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

 * Nothing planned right now.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==

 * Help from Kubuntu team to move soprano-daemon to unixodbc would be greatly appreciated. (Bug:901638)

== RC bugs ==

Details on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs

Alpha-2 targetted:
 * Bug:790240 ''[at-spi needs demotion for precise]'': We need to flip openjdk-6/7 to the new at-spi2 adapter, blocker here is just to test whether this actually works. Once that's done, we can move the dependency and demote the rest. Pushing for this to happen by end of rally.
 * Bug:850264 ''[given a foreign architecture of i386 on amd64 machine, and an outdated libc, apt tries to remove libc-bin]'': Fixed in bzr, needs uploading
 * Bug:888669 ''[software-center crashed with IndexError in set_thumbnails_from_data(): list index out of range]'': Fixed in bzr, needs uploading