[Linaro] Release Meeting 2012-02-24
fathi.boudra at linaro.org
Fri Feb 24 16:01:37 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Linaro 12.02 was released
* A reproducible cross build daemon, with instructions and scripts to easily
enable cross build support with multi-arch for debian/ubuntu are now
available and can be found at: http://people.linaro.org/~wookey/buildd/
* Wifi, Bluetooth and Basic Graphicis enablement tests were intergrated,
now available at lava-tests, and enabled by default at the daily built
* The Ubuntu LEB now delivers support for Unity 5.0, with improvements at
the interface and performance, enabling the first 5.0 based release
available from Ubuntu DX team.
* An updated XBMC package, based on 11.0 Eden Beta 3, is now available at
the Overlay PPA (and part of the Linaro-TV-XBMC image available in the
community build download section
* LTTng pre-2.0 release is now integrated at the Overlay PPA, and part of
the developer image with the final release to be included in the
* libav 0.8 is now available at the Ubuntu LEB images, resulting on a
speedup of up to 160% with NEON and 150% for non-NEON systems for
realvideo files. The benchmark can be found at http://kos.to/benchmark.txt
* The Linaro Dev Platform team will now be responsible for packaging and
maintenance of all the LT kernel flavors. Responsibilities will include
validating the kernel daily with LAVA, and only publishing the kernels
(which pass validation testing) to be used by the LEB images
(until the new linux-linaro tree is in place).
* Support for the XBMC 11 Eden Beta 3 release at the Ubuntu LEB
* Ubuntu TV demo on ARM @Connect:
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams ==
* During Linaro 12.03 cycle the Developer Platform team will focus on fixing
issues related with ARMHF, such as FTBFS and other important bugs on Ubuntu.
== Summary of bugs working on by team ==
* pkg-config-arm-linux-gnueabi unusable: wrong link target:
* Build-depends on package that is only available on x86:
* gcc-4.6-armel-cross uninstallable on amd64: missing
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
* There is an ongoing work to shrink the Compiz patch for OpenGL ES2.0 support
to finally be applied as a package patch. This will require review from
the ARM and Desktop folks at Ubuntu.
== Issues ==
* TI should be able to release an ARMHF driver for OMAP 3 (the OMAP4 one
should be available in the next few days), but we're still not sure if this
will be released in time for the release.
* As the Freescale Landing Team is focusing on i.MX6, we probably won't see
another update for the iMX53 kernel before the release.
More information about the Ubuntu-release