[Ubuntu-ARM] Release Meeting 2012-02-17]

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 17 14:54:11 UTC 2012

=== What was done engineering wise? ===

* the armadaxp kernel is in the archive

* d-i work for armadaxp support is ongoing (there might be d-i uploads
needed the next days for it, not sure this needs an FFe)

* armel support was officially demoted to be a community maintained
architecture now

* libreoffice FTBFS has been fixed (even before linaro could start on
it, yay janimo)

* a new ac100 kernel has been uploaded, alongside with alsa-lib sound
fixes for ac100 (thanks luke)

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===

* see above, d-i changes to enable armadaxp will land on the weekend or
early next week

* we will drop armel image builds for most architectures with the
exception of ac100 and omap3 for which we wait for armhf enabled binary
drivers

=== Release Notes ===

* with the 12.04 release ubuntus official arm architecture is armhf

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===

* nothing special, still various oem-config issues

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===

* still waiting for compiz patches to enable GLES support for unity,
nothing happened here yet apparently

* TI promised a hardfloat enabled PVR driver for next week

=== Issues ===

* no specific ones