[Ubuntu One] Release Meeting 2012-02-17

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 17 06:44:07 UTC 2012

Joshua Hoover [2012-02-16 23:37 -0600]:
>  * Working on removing dependency on GTK2 webkit from Gwibber so Ubuntu
> One will fit on CD.

First, thanks a lot for your work on porting ubuntu-sso-client, and
helping with Gwibber. Shotwell already made it in earlier, and Banshee
was dropped, so today's images should drop the old webkit-gtk2 stack
at last, which should reclaim some 8 MB.

However, this will "only" reduce the oversize from 717 MB to ~ 709. 11
MB are due to having a langpack "update" delta which will go away with
a fresh langpack build, so effectively we are at ~ 698 MB now.

That won't yet be enough size to add back some 6 MB you'd need for a
(split up) python-qt4 subset. If we can drop python3 again, then we
would have the space, but I'm not currently sure whether the
Foundations team would like that.

(Yay for runtime/language proliferation..)

Thanks,

Martin