[Desktop] Status 2012-02-10

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 10 15:53:59 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 08:15 AM, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> == What was done engineering wise? ==
>
> * New GTK changed the theme API slightly, the themes got updated but
> there are still a few issues to resolve.
> * Land music store for Rhythmbox.
> * accountsservice now writes user locale configuration to
> `~/.pam_environment` instead of `~/.profile`, to avoid having to touch
> an actual shell script, and `~/.profile` to overwrite the PAM
> environment settings.
> * FreeRDP 1.0 hit precise. It's undergoing the final tweaks to pass our
> security review. Once it's in main, we'll update remmina and put it into
> main (MIR already approved), dropping the old and rather insecure
> rdesktop/vinagre.

Please note that LTSP is also currently requiring rdesktop to be in
Main. In theory LTSP will work fine using xfreerdp and the code is
designed to detect and use one or the other, but we'll need to
coordinate and do some testing here before rdesktop can be dropped out
of Main.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer