[Foundations] Release Meeting 2012-02-10
stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 9 23:49:25 UTC 2012
=== What was done engineering wise? ===
* Busy working on a fix for bug 922754.
* Merged branch from Serge and Stéphane making our console upstart
jobs container-aware, also providing a new running-in-container command
(returns 0 if in a container and prints technology name, otherwise
returns 1) and two new events "container" and "not-container" for use in
* Crash database:
* Uploaded version 0.1.5.
* Continued work on the preference dialog.
* Related apport work.
* New Wubi uploaded for 10.04.4.
* Daily debian-installer tests of IPv6 are now being run, just need
to make the results public.
* Fixed a few bugs in netcfg, related to resolvconf (netinstall
failing) and IPv6.
* Thanks to the upstart changes, it's now possible to run a stock
Ubuntu system in a container, without any change in package or
configuration. The lxcguest package has now been removed.
* eglibc 2.15 has been uploaded yesterday causing some sound issues
and upgrade issues for nvidia users. Both of which were fixed today.
=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===
Nothing that I'm aware of at this point.
=== Release Notes ===
* Upstart in Ubuntu 12.04 will now detect that it's running in a
container and will trigger the appropriate consoles based on the
container technology. LXC is best supported, though OpenVZ and Vserver
are also detected.
=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
Based from our team meeting notes and some grepping of Launchpad:
- Launchpad bug 922754 in upstart "booting without --no-log causes
init and plymouth-upstart-bridge to spin at 100%" [High,Fix committed]
- Launchpad bug 923685 in resolvconf: "New resolver package overwrites
manually created resolv.conf on server" [Critical, Triaged]
- Launchpad bug 929384 in eglibc: "nvidia drivers broken by the recent
libc update on i386 arch" [High, Fix released]
- Launchpad bug 876298 in update-manager: "[MASTER] We need to better
handle external payloads (Flash, msttcorefonts) not being available."
- Launchpad bug 876626 in upstart: "Unlocking the second crypto disk
(/home) echos password on console" [High, Confirmed]
- Launchpad bug 926468 in upstart: "Stopping ssh with a logged in user
causes init to spin at 100%" [High, Triaged]
Probably more, sorry couldn't get a very accurate list.
I expect a more accurate bug list after Feature Freeze.
=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===
* The crash database client is blocked on MIR bug 913694.
=== Issues? ===
None for now.
More information about the Ubuntu-release