[Server] Release Meeting 2012-02-03

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 3 17:36:47 UTC 2012

On 02/03/2012 11:25 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday, February 03, 2012 11:03:06 AM Antonio Rosales wrote:
>>
>> === What was done engineering wise? ===
>> * MaaS (bare metal provisioning system)[1] continues to make progress.
>> [1] https://launchpad.net/maas
>
> Is this something intended for 12.04?

Yes, being tracked here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-p-orchestra

You can think of the MaaS stuff as Orchestra 2.0.  to avoid confusion we
will probably drop all the "orchestra" branding in the wiki/website, and
simply push these features as part of the Ubuntu Server installer.
Similar to how we have ubiquity and the slideshow, but its all
communicated externally as the Ubuntu Desktop installer.

-Robbie