Per-pocket upload permissions

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 23 10:17:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:09:30AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:37:46 PM Iain Lane wrote:
> > On this point, I can't be entirely sure (it was some time ago), but I
> > suppose I was thinking that it would be good to ensure that SRU team
> > members can use sru-release themselves, which requires upload privileges
> > due to the use of copyPackage via the API if I'm not mistaken (only
> > -updates would be needed here, not -proposed.  -proposed is probably not
> > so useful, except if we want to ensure that they can sponsor all SRUs
> > too).
> >
> > If there's also another UNAPPROVED step there then just being able to
> > upload doesn't gain much: queue admin would also be required.
>
> Not that I get a vote, but I'm glad to see this landing.
>
> I do think the ~ubuntu-sru ought to be able to accept to -proposed and copy to
> -updates for current/supported releases.  This would remove the need to make
> ~ubuntu-sru members part of ~ubuntu-archive solely for the purpose of
> performing SRU processing.  I'm 100% agnostic on implementation.
>
> Similarly (and I swear we've discussed this before and it's an an LP bug, but
> I can't find it) I think ~ubuntu-release ought to be able to accept to -release
> and -proposed, but only for the development release.  Similarly, that would
> remove the need for ~ubuntu-release members to be added to ~ubuntu-archive to
> process the queue during freezes.  My agnosticism about implementation applies
> to this as well.

This is now done.

  $ for series in hardy lucid natty oneiric precise; do for pocket in proposed updates; do edit-acl -p ubuntu-sru -S $series --pocket $pocket -t admin add; done; done
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Proposed' in hardy
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Updates' in hardy
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Proposed' in lucid
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Updates' in lucid
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Proposed' in natty
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Updates' in natty
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Proposed' in oneiric
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Updates' in oneiric
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Proposed' in precise
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-sru: archive 'primary', pocket 'Updates' in precise
  $ for pocket in release proposed; do edit-acl -p ubuntu-release -S quantal --pocket $pocket -t admin add; done
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-release: archive 'primary', pocket 'Release' in quantal
  Added:
  Queue Administration Rights for ubuntu-release: archive 'primary', pocket 'Proposed' in quantal