[Foundations] Release Meeting 2012-04-20
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 20 13:18:02 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Crash database:
* Finished apport branch to handle Breaks/Replaces in retrace cache.
* Continued work on statistics web site design.
* Built a mean-time-between-failures graph.
* Changed retracing code to use cached sandboxes.
* rls-p-tracking bugs:
* Improved error message on failed upgrades due to overloaded mirrors
* Added manual download verification pass to ubiquity to work around
apt bug 922949.
* Rearranged encrypted swap handling during encrypted-home installs to
avoid out-of-memory conditions (bug 979350).
* Fixed race condition in encrypted swap on boot (bug 874774).
* Fixed poor GRUB installation default when installing from USB stick
on /dev/sda (bug 984989).
* Switched to the new dynamic linker path on armhf. Lots of
last-minute (and slow!) compiler rebuilds and testing over the
* Python 2.6 rebuilds and removals.
* Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 final releases.
* Preparing toolchain opening for Q.
* Package management:
* Working with dpkg upstream on bug 983187; but it looks like this is
just too late and will have to be an SRU at this point.
* apt and dpkg SRUs to oneiric to fix various upgrade scenarios.
* Many hours spent on more compiz issues.
* Discussions with Linaro about possible blueprints.
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Working on installer/upgrade issues as they arise, upgrade issues
typically for SRUs.
== Issues ==
need to be cleared out one way or another for release, either by fixing
the remaining FTBFS in universe/multiverse where the archive still has
leftover binaries from previous successful builds, or else by removing
said leftover binaries. We've been making good progress here over the
last couple of days, but it will be quite tight.
Colin Watson [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]
More information about the Ubuntu-release