[Desktop] Release status 2012-04-20
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 20 07:58:12 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Investigate and fix CD oversizedness. Images are now back in limits.
* Land GNOME 3.4.1.
* Some more OneConf cleanup, we have the server side return some 500 errors. Investigation in progress.
* Land LibreOffice 3.5.2.
* Final Unity and Unity-2d releases landed in precise.
* Lots of last-minute bug fixes. A few were release-critical, but most are opportunistic "polish" fixes.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Release targetted bugs being worked on/monitored ==
* Bug:870297 ''[lightdm logins not being logged in wtmp]'': Still not reproducible. Dropped ubuntu-12.04 milestone, this is SRUable.
* Bug:968845 ''[bcm5974 touchpad doesn't work after S3 on MacBookAir]'': New from this week, still discussing. We have a possible workaround now, SRUable.
* Bug:872701 ''[Keyboard layout doesn't change in screensaver lock dialog]'': No progress this week. Fine for an SRU.
* Bug:932598 ''[Full hard drive causes xorg and lightdm to fail to load]'': Fixed mountall to create tmpfs /tmp on foll disk, as earlier Ubuntu releases used to do. lightdm still needs a fix.
Fixed since last report:
* Bug:942539 ''[Ubiquity desktop icon text looks messy]''
== Release Notes ==
Since last week:
* Hibernate (suspend to disk) has been disabled by default, as it was found to be unreliable, very slow and confusing to have two suspend modes. See bug Bug:812394 for details. If you want to re-enable it, please [[http://askubuntu.com/questions/94754/how-to-modify-policykit-to-allow-hibernation-in-upower|follow this recipe]].
(This is not really new, we just forgot to document it before; I added it to the ReleaseNotes page already)
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Ubuntu-release