[Desktop] Release status 2012-04-20

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 20 07:58:12 UTC 2012

== What was done engineering wise? ==
 * Investigate and fix CD oversizedness. Images are now back in limits.
 * Land GNOME 3.4.1.
 * Some more OneConf cleanup, we have the server side return some 500 errors. Investigation in progress.
 * Land LibreOffice 3.5.2.
 * Final Unity and Unity-2d releases landed in precise.
 * Lots of last-minute bug fixes. A few were release-critical, but most are opportunistic "polish" fixes.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
Nothing.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
None.

== Release targetted bugs being worked on/monitored ==

under investigation:
 * Bug:870297 ''[lightdm logins not being logged in wtmp]'': Still not reproducible. Dropped ubuntu-12.04 milestone, this is SRUable.
 * Bug:968845 ''[bcm5974 touchpad doesn't work after S3 on MacBookAir]'': New from this week, still discussing. We have a possible workaround now, SRUable.

triaged/in progress:
 * Bug:872701 ''[Keyboard layout doesn't change in screensaver lock dialog]'': No progress this week. Fine for an SRU.
 * Bug:932598 ''[Full hard drive causes xorg and lightdm to fail to load]'': Fixed mountall to create tmpfs /tmp on foll disk, as earlier Ubuntu releases used to do. lightdm still needs a fix.

Fixed since last report:
 * Bug:942539 ''[Ubiquity desktop icon text looks messy]''

== Release Notes ==

Since last week:

 * Hibernate (suspend to disk) has been disabled by default, as it was found to be unreliable, very slow and confusing to have two suspend modes. See bug Bug:812394 for details. If you want to re-enable it, please [[http://askubuntu.com/questions/94754/how-to-modify-policykit-to-allow-hibernation-in-upower|follow this recipe]].

(This is not really new, we just forgot to document it before; I added it to the ReleaseNotes page already)