[Hardware Certification] Release Meeting 2012-04-20

Brendan Donegan brendan.donegan at canonical.com
Thu Apr 19 20:23:00 UTC 2012

=== What was done engineering wise? ===

Finished testing of Precise Beta 2, doing a full manual certification run on 27 selected systems:

http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/precise-testing/precise_beta2_certification.html  <http://people.canonical.com/%7Ehwcert/precise-testing/precise_beta2_certification.html>

The majority of the system had no major issues, bugs were raised (see below) for systems which had problems.

We are now preparing to test the Final release when it comes next week.

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===

Checkbox is stable and ready for the certification run so nothing big should be landing

=== Release Notes ===

None.

=== Summary of bugs working on by team ===

The following bugs are blocking certification of systems:

_918769_  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/918769>  - X blink with Vostro 360 and Ubuntu Oneiric and Precise

Recently retested and the tester still can observe the issue

877682  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/877682>  - [Latitude E6510 / Thinkpad W510/T510] External Video inoperative with nVidia current

Good news, seems to be fixed now!

926136  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/926136>  - CPU1 on Dell PowerEdge M610, R715  and IBM X3500 M3 goes offline after exercising frequency governors

Additional info provided, waiting for feedback on whether it's enough info to investigate the bug further

873117  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/873117>  - Broadcom STA driver from bcmwl-kernel-source should blacklist other Broadcom drivers

The affected system we have has suffered further regressions, so we aren't able to explicitly check if this bug is fixed or not.

978929  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/978929>  - [Lenovo Thinkpad T420]  SD Card-reader non functional

New bug found during Beta 2 testing

978964  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/978964>  - [Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14] SD card reader non-functional

New bug found during Beta 2 testing

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===

None

=== Issues? ===

None.