[Foundations] Release Meeting 2012-04-13
cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 13 14:09:15 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Dealing with upstream dispute regarding armhf linker location.
* Final Python 2.7.3 upload.
* icedtea-web, openjdk-6, and openjdk-7 updates.
* Started on a Linaro GCC merge.
* Defect analysis:
* Suppress bugs due to full /tmp (bug 972933).
* Tested and fixed issues with collect-bug-data's caching of bug
* Archive and release management:
* Fixed LP bug preventing publications from -proposed pre-release.
* Finished Python interface to ISO tracker and wrote basic API
* New bug-fix release of ISO tracker now in production.
* Package management:
* Some more multiarch cross-building fixes.
* Swatted the last obsolete conffiles on upgrades in the core.
* Follow through on the new update-notifier interface, cleaning up a
few small bugs that have been reported (bug 977178, 975426).
* Improved cross-build support in apt, and made the libraries
* Made the precise-adt-ubiquity Jenkins job pass.
* Lots of translation updates.
* Fixed EFI System Partition autodetection on GPT (bug 972122).
* Disabled Wubi from the Windows autorun page, as discussed on
* Crash tracker:
* Work on implementing Matthew's mockup of the crash database
* Tackled the problem of slow retraces in production (bug 973494).
* Merged compiz and compiz-plugins-main GLES patches.
* Uploaded fixed version of the pvr driver, along with jockey support.
* Boot and services:
* Fixed plymouth to switch back to vt1 when it exits, instead of
leaving server users on vt7 (bug 913731).
* Explored ideas for service readiness in Upstart.
* Discussions and investigations on session management + multiseat.
* Tweaked mountall to avoid scary warnings due to there being no
* rls-p-tracking bugs:
* Fixed proxy handling bug 977812 in update-notifier.
* Fixed Windows recovery partition handling (bug 772470) and added
support for Windows 8.
* Reverted gstreamer patch that caused hangs on the installer's webcam
page (bug 966294).
* Extensive investigation of bug 553745. Tantalisingly close to a
functional workaround now.
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
* Bug 553745 ("plymouthd crashed with SIGSEGV in
ply_event_loop_process_pending_events()"): upload expected today
* Bug 658865 ("Install from USB fails: "An attempt to configure apt to
install additional packages from the CD failed""): needs information,
may remove from the rls-p-tracking list
* Bug 922949 ("process can crash due to an issue with one package when
choosing "install updates" as part of the install"): looking into
workaround in installer
Colin Watson [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]
More information about the Ubuntu-release