[Desktop] Release status 2012-04-06
seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 6 10:03:04 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Lot of bugs fixing
* New lightdm and unity-greeter release fixing quite some milestoned bugs
* Unity 5.10 is being prepared (to land next week)
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
* No direct impact on other teams but GNOME 3.4.1 tarballs will be
rolled out on the 16th and would be good to get in the lts as we can
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
re: bug 966294 ("Ubiquity loops forever from ubiquity_webcam_play") from
foundation, desktop doesn't have anyone working on or knowing gstreamer
and that's not likely going to be looked at before tuesday, we can try
to help but are probably not better placed that foundation or any other
team to debug that codebase
== New Desktop Release Notes ==
Nothing new this week.
== Release targetted bugs being worked on/monitored ==
* Bug:844044 ''[Unity Greeter - Add Network Login option]'': Support
for showing network login has landed in trunk, but not shown by default
yet -- still going back and forth with design team
* Bug:872701 ''[Keyboard layout doesn't change in screensaver lock
dialog]'': No progress this week.
* Bug:932598 ''[Full hard drive causes xorg and lightdm to fail to
load]'': Fixed mountall to create tmpfs /tmp on full disk, as earlier
Ubuntu releases used to do. lightdm still needs a fix.
* Bug:870297 ''[lightdm logins not being logged in wtmp]'': No
progress this week.
Fix committed, but not uploaded yet:
Fixed since last report:
* Bug:916291 ''[failed to upgrade from Oneiric to Precise: ERROR:
Cannot determine language!]'': Trying to build LibO, will be fixed RSN.
* Bug:899858 ''[regression in gvfs to connect/browse using obex]''
* Bug:878184 ''[Onscreen Keyboard cannot be used to input password in
More information about the Ubuntu-release