[Linaro] Release Meeting 2011-11-25

Fathi Boudra fathi.boudra at linaro.org
Fri Nov 25 14:34:33 UTC 2011

== What was done engineering wise? ==

 * Linaro 11.11 released:
 * Linaro U-Boot 2011.11.2 released: USB booting with U-Boot SPL on PandaBoard.
 * libjpeg-turbo: built with libjpeg8 compatibility, all packages that
   build-depends on libjpeg-dev have been pushed to the PPA, to validate that
   it doesn't break any package. 118 successful builds. 2 failures, unrelated
   to libjpeg-dev (vtk).

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams ==

 * Newer kernel for i.MX53, based on 3.1 (from Linaro 11.11 release).

== Summary of bugs working on by team ==

 * (none).

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==

 * Unity: nothing pending on our side. We're waiting on the DX team about
   the test case definitions to see what Linaro can do to speed up the GL ES
   patches. DX team is still designing the tests, since the automated test
   policy came up during UDS. A call for a meeting to clarify more about
   the tests should be planned.

== Issues ==

 * (none).

== Misc ==

 * Linaro Developer Platform planning for 11.12 is mostly done:
   https://launchpad.net/linaro-dev-platform/+milestone/11.12
 * Planned to work with Ubuntu on getting XBMC ready on ARM architecture and
   usable on PandaBoard.
 * Working to fix Chromium (browser) on ARM architecture.