[Ubuntu-ARM] Release Meeting 2011-11-25

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 25 11:27:31 UTC 2011

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Precise

== Summary ==

 * More blueprint work, should all be in shape now, but not all are
targeted for P yet.
 * Lots of QA SRU testing of kernels has happened, it was discovered
that many tests we do nowadays cant really be used with old kernels
since they simply didnt have the options our scripts check for, tobin
works on fixing the scripts.
 * armhf chroots are supposed to be ready soon now, LP autobuilds
should start around beginning of the week.
 * The delta between x86 and omap4 ubuntu kernel configs was reduced
this week.
 * Work on getting cost estimates for the "one consumer device per
cycle" programme has started.
 * Unity GLES patch merges are waiting for tests (non arm specific) to
be added to the code.

=== Image Status ===

 * Desktop images build
 * Server images are good
 * Netboot images are fine too

== Specs ==

Progress:

 * http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/ubuntu-arm.html
   (not all specs are properly targeted yet due to half the team being
on vacation or traveling this week)

== Bugs ==

Fresh SRU bugs:

 * Bug:#875928 mutrace: uninstallable as it strictly depends on a
specific binutils version