[Desktop] Release meeting 2011-11-25

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 24 16:13:13 UTC 2011

Also available on the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus

== What was done engineering wise? ==

 * Blueprint drafting and approval fully complete last Monday; work items for everyone individually as well as the total number of work items are below or at the computed/agreed limit.
 * Unity (and related projects) tarmac/branch autolanding is now in effect. First actual tests are in place, although not a lot yet, and the Unity ones are currently failing.
 * Unity manual test plan started, making good progress. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnityTests)
 * Landed Apport client-side crash signature/duplicate detection.
 * It has been decided to go with Rhythmbox as default music player now, and reevaluate the state of Banshee-GTK3 between alpha-3 and beta-1.
 * Ported session-installer to GTK 3 and dropped gnome-codec-install, getting rid of some old libraries.
 * Landed new Zeitgeist, now written in Vala instead of Python. Brings some nice speedups.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

 * Nothing planned right now.
 * After alpha-1 we'll switch to Rhythmbox and drop Tomboy/gbrainy from the CDs.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==

 * Nothing right now.

== Blueprints ==

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+specs?searchtext=desktop-p-

Burndown and spec completion levels:

 * For alpha-1: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-desktop-team-precise-alpha-1.html
 * Entire cycle: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-desktop-team.html

== Release targetted bugs being worked on/monitored ==

See wiki page for details. Not much progress there this week, but we
do not have any serious issues right now. We are ready for Alpha-1.