[edubuntu] Release Meeting 2011-11-18

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 17 19:15:03 UTC 2011

Not much happened for Edubuntu since UDS.

== What was done engineering wise? ==
Final version of our blueprint for Precise:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-p-edubuntu

Work items on:
http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/group/topic-precise-flavor-edubuntu.html

Jonathan is preparing the re-election of the Edubuntu Council and a
plan to change the term to 2 years after this election. Also
finalizing the plan for LTS status, to be proposed at the next TB meeting.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
LTSP upstream is currently going through a pretty big code cleanup and
moving things around. I expect an upload of ldm and ltsp in Precise as
soon as things have calmed down.
This will impact both Edubuntu and Ubuntu Alternate as both ship LTSP.

Currently LTSP won't boot on Precise due to lack of support for overlayfs.

== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Haven't started doing much in Edubuntu at this point, most changes are
currently done upstream in LTSP and epoptes to bring them to a state
where we're comfortable getting them in the archive.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
Edubuntu is AFAIk the only flavor that's currently not building.
This is caused by fuse/sshfs, blocked on the merge of fuse.
This is not critical for us at this point but we'd definitely like
that fixed within a week or so or we may need to start moving some
work items to alpha-2 instead.

== Issues? ==
I think it's all covered above.

- --