Proposed new release team member - ARM Focus

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Tue May 24 13:07:07 UTC 2011

One of the areas that was a bit problematic last cycle, and is likely to
continue to be problematic this cycle is the proliferation of ARM ports
and boards.

With this in mind, I'd like to propose Michael Casadevall (NCommander)
be added to the Ubuntu Release Team with a focus on ARM.  His
understanding of the ARM ecosystem, implications of the interactions of
components and access to necessary hardware will be very helpful to keep
the images in a working state for this cycle.

I've been able to discuss this with some of the members of the release
team already, but would like to make sure everyone has a chance to weigh
in with their opinion.

Thanks, Kate