Settling on Final Freeze Date for Natty

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Tue Mar 29 04:38:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 23:23 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday, March 28, 2011 10:52:48 pm Kate Stewart wrote:
> > Thanks for the good suggestions Scott.
> >
> > Based on discussion on IRC channels as well as your note, the schedule
> > for next month will be:
> >
> > Beta 1 freeze - was left as is on 3/24 - hard freeze (we ne
> > Beta 1 release - 3/31
> > Archive open for final bug fixes and FFEs
> > Beta 2 freeze - 4/11 (at UTC 09:00 ) - hard freeze
> > Beta 2 release - 4/14
> Main/Seeded Final Freeze 14 days
> Unseeded Universe/Multiverse Freeze - 4/26 (at UTC 12:00)
> Unseeded Universe/Multiverse Final Freeze - 2 days
> > Natty release 4/28
> > Oneiric opens for development 4/29
> >
> > If anyone sees any reasons why this won't work, please add to the thread
> > - otherwise will be using this schedule.

Good clarification between Main/Seeded and Unseeded universe.  Thanks!

> I've added the unseeded Universe/Multiverse milestone I mentioned in an
> earlier paragraph to your proposal.  I would also retitle "Oneiric opens for
> development" as it will be a bit after release before it's open for general
> development.  I would suggest "Oneiric toolchain preparations begin" as an
> alternative.

It is opening up of the archive to accept input, and switching the
development release over to it on day+1 per
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewReleaseCycleProcess. Toolchain prep should be
beginning now, per the checklist in the NewReleaseCycleProcess
checklist ;)

Kate