Default libjpeg-dev in oneiric

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 28 23:21:59 UTC 2011

On 07/28/2011 06:13 PM, Kate Stewart wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 17:54 -0500, Micah Gersten wrote:
>> CCing ubuntu-devel so people are aware of the issue
>>
>> Due to the accidental autosync, we pulled in a libjpeg8-dev that
>> provides libjpeg-dev.  Should we revert that one change (not provide
>> libjpeg-dev in libjpeg8) or should we try to do the transition?  There
>> are a number of incomplete transitions ATM (libnotify, libssl, libav,
>> boost1.4.6, and a few more with ~10 packages each).
>>
>> Attached are a list of rdepends affected.
> ...ouch.
>
> Given we'll be putting out the A3 release next week, and I don't believe
> this update and transition is essential, my preference would be to
> revert it for now,  and then after A3's out,  assess if if makes sense
> to pull it in and manage the transition, or wait until P-series for this
> one.
>
> Given all the stuff about to land for A3 and Feature Freeze almost upon
> us, it seems a bit risky to add this in,  esp. with folks going on
> vacation right now.
>
> What do others think?
+1 from me...doesn't seem worth the trouble.

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)